Treat yourself to something different this Easter
We know its not Christmas but Easter Sunday seems like the perfect day to relax with a book and some milk and cookies. With the long weekend coming its time to take some time out for ourselves and embrace a few days off. It is Easter and yes there's not excuse for enjoying little something naughty. We are all for nourishing our bodies but every now and again its good to nourish the mind with a bit of fresh air and naughty treats with family. Why not try this yummy recipe on Pinwheel chocolate cookies with a glass of pure almond milk goodness.
- 1/2 cup wholewheat spelt flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 2/3 cups oat flour
- 1 chia egg (1 tsp grounded chia seeds mixed with 3 tbsp water)
- 3 tsp melted coconut oil
For the chocolate dough
- 1 tsp cocoa or cacao powder
- 2 tsp date syrup,honey or maple syrup
For the vanilla dough
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp brown rice syrup or honey
- Simply start by placing all the flours into a food processor and mix until its well grounded and mixed together.
- Divide the flour mix into two large bowls. place the vanilla mix in one and the cacao or cocoa mix in the other.
- Make your chia egg by mixing the ground chia with 3 tbsp of water. Let it soak for a few moments to become thick.
- Melt the coconut oil and pour half of it in each bowl..
- To the chocolate bowl add the date syrup and stir until the dough is thick.
- Repeat with the vanilla bowl and lighter brown rice syrup.
- Wrap the dough's in individual cling wrap and chill in the fridge for around 20 minutes or until firm.
- Make one rectangle out of each dough by rolling it out with a rolling pin to 1/8 inch thickness. Put one on top of the other and roll lengthwise to create the swirl. Once again wrap the dough in cling wrap and place in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove dough from the freezer and slice into separate cookies. At this stage we like to press them down using the bottom of a glass to flatten them out a little.
- Bake in the oven at 175C for 18-20 minutes and let them cool down completely.
- Place on a plate and enjoy with a glass of The Pure Press Almond Milk.
Recipe thanks to flourishing-health